BetterTTV enhances Twitch with new features, bug fixes, and reduced clutter.
- Chat Tweaks
- Blacklist spam
- Chat field history
- Highlight words and phrases
- Pinned highlighted words and phrases
- Improved connection monitoring & server selection
- Resizeable (drag-able) chat
- Show or remove deleted messages
- Split chat lines and paragraph indentation
- Unban all users with
- Username color calculation (prevents hard-to-read names)
- Username & emote tab completion
- Enhanced moderator cards and keybinds
- Anon Chat (hidden in viewer list)
- Chat image link previews on hover
- Broadcast Dashboard - Prioritizes chat, and auto-updates channel statistics
- Darken Twitch - A slick, grey theme which will make you love Twitch even more
- Notifications - On-site and desktop notifications when people send you messages, mention you in chat, and when channels you follow go live & more!
Guide to setting up BetterTTV
Download it from the specific link for your browser:
Once you have installed it navigate to a TwitchTV channel. Click the Cog And Click BetterTTV Settings.
Then choose your settings, below are my custom settings which I think are the best way to do it but feel free to try everything out!
Chroma Keying Chat (deprecated)
*(BTTV Black Chat (Chroma Key) feature is deprecated in favor of KapChat, and will eventually be removed.*
For streamers who want to Chroma key the chat onto your screen without a background so it goes over games can follow the next part.
First of all Pop-out the chat so you have it in a second window (The settings gear –> Pop-out Chat –> When the chat pops out do the same again –> Settings Gear –> Chroma Key)
When you have opened it and Clicked on the chroma key setting you chat should look something like this:
What you then want to do is capture it in your capture program (OBS, XSplit ETC..)
When you have the window selected and your region selected pick black #000000 To be keyed out.
It should look something like this.